Developing the first local Android operating system MobileFirst program
To serve a native Android mobile phone application, MobileFirst Web server must be aware of it. For this purpose, IBM MobileFirst Software Groundwork delivers a Indigenous API collection, containing a group of APIs and setting documents.android app space
This training points out tips on how to make the Android os Indigenous API and how to include it with a indigenous Google android program. These measures are needed to help you utilize it down the road to realize duties such as connecting to MobileFirst Server, invoking adapter methods, implementing authentication approaches, and many others.
Prerequisite . Programmers must be skilled with utilizing Google’s builder applications.
Making a MobileFirst Local API
- In MobileFirst Studio room, build a MobileFirst task and incorporate a MobileFirst Natural API.
- Within the New MobileFirst Local API dialogue, get into your application name and select Google android for your Ecosystem field.
- Perfect-select the created NativeAPI directory (based in your-ventures/applications/your-nativeapi-iphone app-identity ) and choose Manage As > Deploy Native API . This action is necessary for MobileFirst Hosting server to understand the applying whenever a demand grows to the hosting server.
- The MobileFirst indigenous API includes many elements:
- wlclient.attributes provides the online connectivity environments a indigenous Android program functions.
- worklight-android operating system.bottle may be the MobileFirst API collection.
- gcm.jar and press.png are for Yahoo push notification expert services.
JSONStore directory is ideal for suggested JSONStore support in native software programs.
armabi. armabi-v7a. mips. and x86 folders are for non-obligatory Program Validity Security in natural applications.
As with all MobileFirst task, you make the server configuration by changing the data which might be from the server\conf folder.
You use the application-descriptor.xml report to outline application metadata also to set up security and safety settings that MobileFirst Host enforces.
- The wlclient.houses record has machine settings attributes and its customer-editable.
- wlServerProtocol – The communicating protocol to MobileFirst Machine, which can be frequently http or https.
- wlServerHost – The hostname of MobileFirst Server.
- wlServerPort – The dock of MobileFirst Hosting server.
- wlServerContext -The framework root way from the application form in the MobileFirst Hosting server.
- wlAppId – The application form Identification as characterized in the application form-descriptor.xml document.
- wlAppVersion – The application version.
- wlEnvironment – The goal environment in the natural program.
- wlUid – The property made use of by MTWW to spot this as a MobileFirst software.
- wlPlatformVersion – The MobileFirst Business model.
- languagePreferences – Listing of favored locations.
- GcmSenderId – This property describes the GCM Sender Identification to use for press notices. By default, this residence is commented out.
- Making and configuring an Android indigenous application form
- Make a indigenous Android operating system request or use an active one particular.
- Copy the worklight-android.bottle. uicandroid.jar. bcprov.jar. and android operating system-async-http.jar files coming from the WorklightAPI folder into the new natural Android mobile phone request, inside the /libs directory website.
- Duplicate the document wlclient.properties from the MobileFirst local API directory into the new local Google android program, on the /resources directory.
- Put this permissions to your AndroidManifest.xml document:
- Add more the MobileFirst UI process:
To acquire more information, review the “Producing native applications for Google android” end user records topic Once the software is jog in Eclipse, the last result is a native request which contains the MobileFirst API local library. The given Recording studio job contains a MobileFirst Recording studio undertaking using the produced NativeAPI directory. The furnished Indigenous task is made up of an Android operating system application actually set-up along with the MobileFirst NativeAPI.
Small sample request